Results-Based Monitoring and Evaluation Training Course
Results-based monitoring and evaluation or RbM&E is a systematic approach to tracking results and performance, based on a transparent and reflective logical and results framework approach, and to measure impact through evaluation.
Results-Based M&E (RBM&E) enables the public sector to focus its efforts on monitoring performance rather than just spending, and on evaluating long term results rather than short term outputs.
For the private sector, an RBM&E system allows management to make efficient ongoing assessments about progress towards attainment of the goals and objectives of their organisation and their stakeholders.
This course will equip participants with the knowledge to understand where and how M&E fits within the organisational or national framework, and the strategies required for its successful design, build and integration.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the essentials of M&E, how to design and implement an M&E system and the factors involved in setting up an M&E unit
- Know where and how M&E fits within the organisational or national framework and strategies for successful integration
- Set up a database to collect, analyse, interpret and report on performance
- Design monitoring systems incorporating routine and ad-hoc data collection and reporting techniques
- Set objectives and design performance indicators and apply M&E techniques to the measurement of outcomes
- Design and implement a computerized M&E database information system
- Create and deliver outcome focused data-based reports that provide value-for-money solutions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is relevant for professionals responsible for developing RBM in their organisation or in large complex programmes. Strategic planners, heads of M&E and senior programme managers will find it particularly valuable.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Understand Results-Based Management (RBM)
- The principles of results-based management
- RBM's essential structures and processes
- Results cultures
- Integrated monitoring and evaluation
- Diagnosis of the strengths, weaknesses and gaps in participants' organizations.
Prepare the ground for RBM development
- The RBM strategy
- Key stakeholders for RBM
- Logic models and strategic results framework
- The organization’s logic models
- The strategic results framework including key indicators.
Evaluation with RBM
- The risk registers
- Risk management plan
- The use of evidence from monitoring and evaluation in decision-making
- Evaluation with RBM
- The strategic monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Dealing with data
- Meaningful reporting to key stakeholders.
- Fostering a learning culture
- Managing change with RBM.
Presentations: RBM strategy
- Participants' strategies
- Collective review and feedback.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a combined learning approach and comprises of presentations, practical sessions and online tutorials. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with Profound Research Services (PRC) certificate certified by the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA).
The training will be held at PRC Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
All participants will additionally cater for travel expenses, visa application(where applicable), insurance among other personal expenses.
ACCOMMODATION AND AIRPORT PICKUP
Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 74040112
This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our PRC Training Centre or at a convenient location.
Payment should be transferred to PRC account through bank on or before C.O.B. 3rd May 2021.
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||05-10-2021 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||05-21-2021 1:00 pm|
|Cut off date||05-03-2021|
|Individual Price||KSH 140,000.00|